It's a pleasure to meet you!
Read on learn more about me.
MBA Candidate - Class of 2018
University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business
August 2016 - May 2018
- MBA candidate with focus in Leadership, Tech Entrepreneurship, and Startup Operations
- Co-Chair of Week Zero, the five-day orientation event for the incoming class of 300 MBAs
- Club Leadership: Co-President of FinTech Club, VP IPA in Beer Club, VP Napa in Wine Club,
- Club Membership: The Consortium, Women in Leadership, Haas Innovation & Design, Improv Club, Admissions Student Interviewer
- Team Lead for consulting project to create an innovation accelerator within an International Human Rights Organization
Biz Ops & Strategy MBA Intern
NerdWallet - San Francisco, CA
NerdWallet is a FinTech startup with the goal of clarifying all of life’s financial decisions.
- Used design thinking methodology to create strategy to expand content distribution to reach wider customer base
- Implemented pilot on three new platforms by communicating business need to executives for approval, designing processes, writing product requirements, and managing stakeholders across five business units
Accenture - San Francisco, CA
May 2013 - August 2017
Digital Marketing Operations Consultant (2015-2016)
- Coordinated all marketing operations for the homepage of an ecommerce client ($27B market cap) seen daily by 15M visitors to drive $1M daily revenue
- Unified global processes for marketing operations planning for ecommerce client across 3 channels by leading team of two to consolidate processes, create documentation and train 50 stakeholders and decrease campaign turnaround time
- Awards won: People Developer (2014 & 2015) and Global Collaborator (2015)
Management Consulting Analyst (2013-2015)
- Created new offering for FinTech payments processing client ($47B market cap) that leveraged internal data to make recommendations to their clients to increase conversion and optimize online checkout flows
- Reduced lead time to create offering from 2 weeks to 4 hours by creating a toolkit and standard operating process
- Managed team of two to execute 10 holiday marketing campaigns in 10 weeks to audience of 49M for FinTech client
Employee Engagement Team Lead (Volunteer) (2014-2016)
- Designed employee engagement initiatives to increase retention and sense of community on the Client Account team
- Increased employee engagement by 4% YOY on Accenture Account Team (based on survey of team of 180 people)
- Launched implementation of teams in 3 continents, growing to a team of 25 volunteers executing 40 events including a Rewards & Recognition program, lunch and learns, happy hours and team All Hands
Obama for America - Minneapolis, MN
June - November 2012
- Led a team of 35 volunteers to train over 200 volunteers and make 11,000 phone calls over 6 weeks which contributed to winning the election for:
- Reelecting President Obama and VP Biden
- Rejecting a ballot measure to ban same-sex marriage (Minnesota)
- Rejecting a ballot measure to create new poll taxes (Minnesota)
- Phone Bank coordinator efforts for Get Out The vote also led to Minnesota having the highest voter turnout by state (76.1% voter turnout, #1 in the US)
Fun Fact: At one of the events I got to bring my mom and meet Keith Ellison (my congressperson at the time) and his mom - we took a photo together!
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - Minneapolis, MN
Nov 2012 - April 2013
On a team of business analysts, engineers, and product managers, working on an internal workflow tool used by underwriters with a high priority placed on compliance.
- Gathered and prioritized requirements from five stakeholder groups to drive regulatory compliance of internal workflow tool for mortgage lending though multi-phased software implementations
- Quickly progressed to take over as Process Design lead of the team’s two largest projects within two months of starting
Fun Fact: There is a mini stagecoach museum in the headquarters and once I got to sit in one!
Peace Corps Volunteer
October 2008 - January 2012
Talofa! It was an honor to serve in the independent country of Samoa (not American Samoa). After two years of teaching, I extended my stay to work with the wonderful network of of nonprofits and community groups that make of the civil society.
Nonprofit Consultant, Samoan Umbrella for NGOs (SUNGO) (2010-2012)
SUNGO is a Nonprofit organization with the mission to build and empower the civil sector of Samoa through advocacy, education and networking. SUNGO website: http://samoa.sungo.ws/
- Instructed week-long capacity building workshops for local NGOs and community groups in Strategic Planning, Financial Management, Marketing and Grant Writing
- Reduced delivery costs of SUNGO Workshops by half through contract management and bulk purchasing
Computer Science and Math teacher at Avele College (2008-2010)
Avele College is one of the top secondary educational institutions in the country with a proud tradition of educating Samoas leaders for over 90 years.
- Standardized a set of Computer Science teaching materials (slides, spreadsheets, and assessments) and now used in all High Schools in Samoa
- Prepared 60 students per year for university entrance examinations in Computer Science
- Sports coach and Manager of English Cricket, Netball, Rugby and American Football
Bachelor of Arts - Class of 2008
McGill University - Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2004 - 2008
- First Class Honors with major concentration in Linguistics
- Honors Thesis in Polynesian Syntax
- Minor concentration in in Computer Science
- President of the Society of Linguistics Undergraduate at McGill (SLUM)
- Increased community engagement and doubled the size of Grew the SLUM executive board (from 5 to 10)
- Founder of the first international Linguistics Undergrad Research Conference, McCCLU - McGill Canadian Conference for Linguistics Undergraduates - which has continued annually for the last 10 years (link)
- Winner of Linguistics Department Citizenship Award for contributions to the Linguistics community at McGill
- Co-chair of Freshman Orientation Week (SSMU Frosh) 2008
- Floor Fellow and Residence Life Coordinator for McGill Residences
- Volunteer for Nightline, the anonymous and confidential support hotline for McGill Students
Fun Fact: The McGill coat of arms has a group of Martlets, mythical birds with no legs so they cannot land. Just like McGill students, they are sociable and always rising.
List of interests that goes at the bottom (aka my favorite place to look)
- Energized by using technology to increase access to financial services and build a better world for everyone, everywhere
- Believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to successful businesses
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency investor and enthusiast
- Speaks conversational Samoan