MBA Candidate - Class of 2018
University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business
August 2016 - May 2018
- MBA candidate with focus in Leadership, Tech Entrepreneurship, and Startup Operations
- Co-President of FinTech Club, Co-Chair of MBA Orientation Week, Student Interviewer, VP IPA in Beer Club, VP Napa in Wine Club, member of: The Consortium, Women in Leadership, Hass Innovation & Design
- Team Lead for consulting project to create an innovation accelerator within an International Human Rights Organization
Biz Ops & Strategy MBA Intern
NerdWallet - San Francisco, CA
NerdWallet is a FinTech startup with the goal of clarifying all of life’s financial decisions.
- Used design thinking methodology to create strategy to expand content distribution to reach wider customer base
- Implemented pilot on three new platforms by communicating business need to executives for approval, designing processes, writing product requirements, and managing stakeholders across five business units
Accenture - San Francisco, CA
May 2013 - August 2017
Digital Marketing Operations Consultant (2015-2016)
- Coordinated all marketing operations for the homepage of an ecommerce client ($27B market cap) seen daily by 15M visitors to drive $1M daily revenue
- Unified global processes for marketing operations planning for ecommerce client across 3 channels by leading team of two to consolidate processes, create documentation and train 50 stakeholders and decrease campaign turnaround time
- Awards won: People Developer (2014 & 2015) and Global Collaborator (2015)
Management Consulting Analyst (2013-2015)
- Created new offering for FinTech payments processing client ($47B market cap) that leveraged internal data to make recommendations to their clients to increase conversion and optimize online checkout flows
- Reduced lead time to create offering from 2 weeks to 4 hours by creating a toolkit and standard operating process
- Managed team of two to execute 10 holiday marketing campaigns in 10 weeks to audience of 49M for FinTech client
Employee Engagement Team Lead (Volunteer) (2014-2016)
- Designed employee engagement initiatives to increase retention and sense of community on the Client Account team
- Increased employee engagement by 4% YOY on Accenture Account Team (based on survey of team of 180 people)
- Launched implementation of teams in 3 continents, growing to a team of 25 volunteers executing 40 events including a Rewards & Recognition program, lunch and learns, happy hours and team All Hands
Obama for America - Minneapolis, MN
June - November 2012
- Led a team of 35 volunteers to train over 200 volunteers and make 11,000 phone calls over 6 weeks which contributed to winning the election for:
- Reelecting President Obama and VP Biden
- Rejecting a ballot measure to ban same-sex marriage (Minnesota)
- Rejecting a ballot measure to create new poll taxes (Minnesota)
- Phone Bank coordinator efforts for Get Out The vote also led to Minnesota having the highest voter turnout by state (76.1% voter turnout, #1 in the US)
Fun Fact: At one of the events I got to bring my mom and meet Keith Ellison (my congressperson at the time) and his mom - we took a photo together!
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - Minneapolis, MN
Nov 2012 - April 2013
On a team of business analysts, engineers, and product managers, working on an internal workflow tool used by underwriters with a high priority placed on compliance.
- Gathered and prioritized requirements from five stakeholder groups to drive regulatory compliance of internal workflow tool for mortgage lending though multi-phased software implementations
- Quickly progressed to take over as Process Design lead of the team’s two largest projects within two months of starting
Fun Fact: There is a mini stagecoach museum in the headquarters and once I got to sit in one!
Peace Corps Volunteer
October 2008 - January 2012
Talofa! It was an honor to serve in the independent country of Samoa (not American Samoa). After two years of teaching, I extended my stay to work with the wonderful network of of nonprofits and community groups that make of the civil society.
Nonprofit Consultant, Samoan Umbrella for NGOs (SUNGO) (2010-2012)
SUNGO is a Nonprofit organization with the mission to build and empower the civil sector of Samoa through advocacy, education and networking. SUNGO website: http://samoa.sungo.ws/
- Instructed week-long capacity building workshops for local NGOs and community groups in Strategic Planning, Financial Management, Marketing and Grant Writing
- Reduced delivery costs of SUNGO Workshops by half through contract management and bulk purchasing
Computer Science and Math teacher at Avele College (2008-2010)
Avele College is one of the top secondary educational institutions in the country with a proud tradition of educating Samoas leaders for over 90 years.
- Standardized a set of Computer Science teaching materials (slides, spreadsheets, and assessments) and now used in all High Schools in Samoa
- Prepared 60 students per year for university entrance examinations in Computer Science
- Sports coach and Manager of English Cricket, Netball, Rugby and American Football
Fun Fact: While I lived in Samoa, the country decided to change the side of the road we drove on.